Pages

Tuesday, January 8, 2019

Day 9 365 Challenge

Another block complete.  I have to admit, most of these blocks are ones I have never made, even though they are so simple.  They just weren't part of any quilts I have made.  This challenge is doing a lot more for me than just getting one quilt block sewn daily.  It has forced me to organize my scrap strips into sizes, so I'm not digging through everything only to find the one fabric I want to use is too small.  Getting my scraps more organized was something I have been wanting to do, but just never made the time to work on it.  I think by the time I'm finished with this Challenge, my scraps will not only have been used, but will be better organized.  
It is also giving me an opportunity to work on my precision.  Who wants to measure every block they sew, to make sure it is the correct size??  I know I don't.  But making only one block, I am taking the time to measure it after each seam, to see if it is still the correct size.  As each day comes, and I cut, sew, press and measure, I'm getting more and more accurate.  When working with small blocks, accuracy becomes even more important than with larger blocks.  And since I have already decided I want to make more   2" star blocks, my accuracy is going to need to be spot on when I make them. So this gives me the chance to practice accuracy before I start making even smaller blocks.  


Here is today's block.
9-Jan


And here is a picture of all 9 blocks to date.   I was concerned when I first started that my fabric selection wasn't going to work, but now that I have a few more blocks, I think they will all work together nicely.

Blocks 1 - 9

Thanks for stopping by and Happy Crafting!!

No comments:

Post a Comment