Pages

Saturday, January 5, 2019

4 Strip block for 365 Challenge

Another day, another 365 Challenge block.  This one, is another simple one, just 4 strips, but they start out at only 1.25" by 3.5"  Again, with something this small, you really need to be careful when cutting and sewing to make sure it ends up the correct size. Each of those strips are .75" when finished, so you are working with small pieces of fabric.
6-January

I think what attracted me to this challenge besides making one quilt block a day, was the size of the blocks.  I recently got intrigued with miniature quilts, and have been making some 2" star blocks.  Then I decided to see what I can do in the centers, besides just a plain block.  The first one I did was a pinwheel, which meant that each half square triangle was only .5"  I have plans for trying other things in the center, but I have other projects that are beckoning me before I can play with the 2" stars.  Here are pictures of the 2" star blocks I have made so far.












I have a lot of ideas on where I can use these small blocks, but for now, I just want to get a few made and see where that takes me, before I plan any sort of lay out.

I'm not done playing with stars, I'm working on a large quilt that has stars galore, and contemplating another star quilt.  I am trying to hold back on starting any more new projects until I get some of my old ones finished up this year... but I can still plan.  :-)  Perhaps having quilts in mind that I want to make will help motivate me to getting my old projects finished so I can start something new.

Well it's time to get some serious sewing done... happy crafting!!

No comments:

Post a Comment