Pages

Friday, January 25, 2019

26 January

I'm a little last posting today, I had a ruler work class to go to this morning, and today's block was rather involved, so I couldn't work on it until I got home this afternoon.  Today's block finishes at 3", and consists of 4 4-Patches, 4 HSTs and one square.  The 4 Patches were 1" each (finishing at 1/2" each) but this gave me some practice for working on miniatures.


26 Jan
I also have been getting some work done on my Stars for a New Day.  The 4 Patch borders are almost done, and when I get those added to my Feathered Star, I will post a picture of it.

Today's ruler work class was full of information.  I learned a couple of different ways to use one ruler and get totally different looks.  I don't have any pictures (you really do NOT want to see my practice quilt), but after I have had a chance to practice more, and work on the "quilt" for class, I promise I will post pictures of everything.  The next class is two weeks away, so I will have more time to practice before the next class.  I only had 1 week between the first class and this one, and didn't have much time to practice this past week.  But I think I'm really going to enjoy doing more quilts with ruler work.  Like anything else, I need to practice a lot more, and to that end, I'm going to make 30 minutes every day to practice with my rulers. I think after I finish my 365 block every morning would be a good time to practice before I get started on any other project.  So starting tomorrow, 30 minutes every day will be dedicated to doing ruler work.  Hopefully this will let me improve enough that with in a month, I will be good enough to start showing what I'm doing.  :-)

Until next time...Happy Crafting!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment