Pages

Sunday, January 13, 2019

14 January

Today's block is another simple one, yet you need to be accurate in your cutting and sewing, or it won't be the right size.  It's simply 6 - 1" strips sewn together. Since it finishes at 3" each of those 1" strips end up being only 1/2" wide.  As the blocks get more complicated, they are going to be using more 1" or possibly smaller pieces of fabric.  I knew there was a reason I was saving all my 1" leftovers.  :-)
14 Jan


I am almost finished with another small project, but not ready to show a picture of it yet.  I have to finish the binding and add some cute buttons, then it will be ready to hang on our front door.  It is from the book Imagine, from Art to Heart.   It has 12 different 14" blocks, that you can use for a quilt, or wall hangings or even pillows.   I am making them all as wall hangings so we can hang them on our front door, like you would a wreath.  We can't hang wreaths, because they would get flattened, so we needed to find something that wasn't so fluffy.  These small wall hangings will fit the bill.   And there is one for every month of the year.  :-)

Until next time... Happy Crafting!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment