Pages

Tuesday, January 29, 2019

30 January

More HST units in today's block.  :-)  This one is called Churndash, and has been around since 1897, it is similar to yesterdays block but the outer center squares are two fabrics instead of just one. And the corner HST units are turned a different way.  Just another example of how versatile those little HST units can be.


30 Jan

 I'm going to be taking a break from all the precision of the small sawtooth stars for Stars for a New Day, and work on HSTs for the Stash Busters Challenge 2019.  I have only made 2 blocks for that, and it is already week 4/5 ( Depending on when you start counting your weeks.)   I am not concerned about making one of these every week, and will probably make more than 1 or 2 at a time.  But I do want to start pairing up my darks and neutrals, and at least getting some of them ready to stitch, so when I have a few extra minutes, I can just pick up my HST units and start sewing them together into the block.

I like having at least 2 or 3 projects going at one time.  I always have one that requires precision, and one where it doesn't matter how precise I am.  That way, I can pick and choose each day based on whether I want to pay attention to detail, or if I just want to sit and sew with out thinking.  Some days, I just want to sew, but I don't want to have to think about how precise everything ends up.  And then there are the days I want to be more "creative".  On those days, I work on the blocks that I'm making for our front door, from Imagine, by Art to Heart.  Yesterday was one of those days.  I finished the Love block and it is ready to hang on our door come Feb 1.  This is my second UFO finish for Rocky Mountain Sewing and Vacuums UFO challenge this year.

It seems like everything I'm working on is for a challenge, but then I guess that happens when you join in 4 of them for one year.  :-)    I do have other projects lined up that I want to start, but before I start on something new, I have a few more UFO's that,even if they aren't on my UFO challenge list, I do need to get back to them and get them completed.

Until next time... Happy Crafting!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment