Pages

Thursday, January 3, 2019

365 Challenge

I have started out 2019 with a goal of using up my scrap fabric, and heard about a 365 Challenge, where you make one quilt block a day and end up with a 90" square quilt at the end of the year.  The blocks are posted every day, and because the lady that is running this challenge is in Australia, they are a day ahead of the USA.  So as of today, I have all 4 blocks made.  If you would like to find out more about this challenge here is the link to her site.  365 Challenge

The blocks start out easy, and increase in difficulty as the year progresses, so hopefully I can learn some new techniques or at the very least, stitch up some blocks that I might not otherwise think about making.  Most of the blocks are 3" or 6" with a few being larger for the corners, and middle medallion.

I plan to update my blog at least weekly, if not daily, to hold myself accountable to making these blocks.  I may not be able to keep up with one per day, but would like to at least have the goal of making 7 per week, and not fall behind, unless I'm not home at all.  I also want to challenge myself to using only fabric I already have at home, or fabric that is bought for other projects I need to finish throughout the year, not buying fabric specifically for this quilt. 

So here are pictures of my first 4 blocks.  As you can see, I'm going totally scrappy with this, and paying more attention to value and not color.  All these blocks needed Dark darks, and darks or mediums.


Jan 1


Jan 2


Jan 3
 
Jan 4

No comments:

Post a Comment