Pages

Wednesday, January 30, 2019

31 January

Today's block comes compliments of yesterdays project.  I make a cute little double zip pouch yesterday (photo to follow) and while I was cleaning up my table of all the scraps, I noticed that I had some that were the perfect size for some of today's block.  So I just had to pick a couple other fabrics and I was on my way to making today's block.  It's constructed the same way as yesterdays, but a few rotations of some of the units and it looks completely different.   Gotta love HST's and 2 patches, and all the variety you can create using values and fabrics.
31 Jan
The pouch I made is from a pattern by SewSweetness, and it was very easy to make.  It comes in 3 sizes, and I made the large.  I need to get some 1/2" D rings, because the 1" ones I had on hand were too large, but it worked.  I plan on making some of the other sizes, as I think it would be a nice little pouch to grab with just enough room for a small wallet and phone, when you don't need to carry your entire purse with you.
Metro Double Zip Pouch
You only need a couple of Fat Quarters to make this, including the lining. So it's a great stash buster if you want to use up some of your Fat Quarters.  The one I picked, was partially used so I had to find another fabric for the front pocket, which is why I have two different fabrics, but I really like the way it turned out. So I may be doing more that way.  If you wanted to make all 3 sizes out of the same fabric, you would need to get more than one Fat Quarter or some yardage, as the large took most of the Fat Quarter for the exterior parts.  But they would look great as a set using coordinating fabrics.

Until next time... Happy Crafting!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment