Pages

Monday, January 28, 2019

29 January

I can't believe that January is almost over, and I have managed to make one quilt block every day!!!  Today's block uses more HST units, and is an old block that has been around since 1897.  
29 Jan
I will be happy when we can start using more lights in our blocks.  All mine seem to be very dark, but when I look at my scrap bin, that is what I have the most of.  So perhaps this is a good thing to use up all those dark scraps of fabric.

Yesterday I got the rest of the borders on my Stars for a New Day center medallion, and I have to admit, I am really liking how it's turning out so far.  For the next month, I will be making pinwheels, for another border, and more of the saw tooth stars for the final border.  After the pinwheels, I will be making 4 star blocks per month (although I don't have to wait for each month to come to get the instructions, so I can work on more than 4 in any given month).  And won't be sewing anything else to the center until all those stars are complete, as they will form yet another border after the pinwheels.


Today, I need to work on my Imagine block for February, so I can have it to hang on our door by the 1st.  I have it all fused, just need to stitch everything down, then add the batting and backing and hanging sleeve to it.  After I get February's done, I want to start on March's.  My goal is to make two every month until all 12 of them are done.  Since it's snowing here this morning, it is a good day to spend sewing. 

Until next time... Happy Crafting!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment