Pages

Thursday, January 10, 2019

11 January

Today's block is a simple 16 patch.  I wanted to mix up the fabric for the patches, keeping the same fabric for the Dark Dark.  So I picked out 8 - 1.25" squares from my scrap bin, and sewed them to the length of the Dark Dark strip.  Cut them apart, then sewed 2 pairs together, then into a 4 patch, finally sewing 4 - 4 patches together.  I find this keeps thing straighter than trying to sew 4 squares in a row, and making 4 rows then sewing those rows together.

11 Jan


Yesterday, I got back to work on my Stars for a New Day, cutting up my different fabrics for some 4 Patches, and Sawtooth stars.   If I were doing this as a BOM, this work would be for February, but since I already have all the instructions, I can work on them as I have the time, with out waiting for the next months release.  I need 36 4 patches, they are going to be a border around the feathered star I already made.  The instructions call for 8 Sawtooth stars for February, however I will need a total of 72 by the time I'm finished with the quilt top.  So I decided that since I need all my fabrics out to make the 4 Patches, I will cut what I need for the Sawtooth stars, and in another month or so, I will need to make Pinwheel blocks, again out of all my different fabrics, so I'm cutting what I need for those while I have my fabric on my cutting table.  I couldn't resist making at least one star block!!  This is going to finish at 4", and was very easy to make, just squares and half square triangles.  I used my Triangulations paper to make the HST, since I need 8 HST for each star out of each color. 



And since I'm cutting out fabric for blocks I'm not ready to work on, I'm going to have to keep myself organized so I don't lose what I've already cut, or forget what the fabric was cut for.  Between getting organized for Stars for a New Day, and my 365 Challenge quilt, I might actually get into the habit of being more organized by the end of the year.  :-)

Until next time... Happy Crafting!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment