Pages

Tuesday, January 22, 2019

23 January, 52 Weeks 52 Blocks, and Stash Busters

Today's block for the 365 Challenge was HSTs again.  These little units are so versatile, you can do so much with them by simply changing the value of the fabric, and the location of them in relation to the ones next to it.  I think it will be interesting to see how all my blocks work together in my final layout.  But it is still too early to even think about that yet.  With 365 blocks in the quilt and I only have 23 right now, I'm not going to even think about layouts.
23 Jan
Today was also the day the new block for 52 Weeks 52 Blocks is released.  This one was fun, and it could make for some interesting layouts as a one block quilt.  I haven't made this one as a mini yet, but I will be working on it during the week as I get time.
52 Weeks 52 Blocks Week 2

And finally, I made my first block for the Stash Busters 2019 Challenge. I actually got it made a few days ago, but kept forgetting to post it here.  With this challenge, we make the same block, but we make 52 of them, one each week.  I have decided I'm going to be making 2 quilts using this block.  They are going to use the same fabrics, but in one quilt each unit in the block is going to be the same fabric, and the second quilt, each unit in the block is going to be a different fabric, so it will look more scrappy.  I have the first one fabric block done and a picture is below.  I can't make the other block until I get more HST made using the different fabrics.  I did go through my scrap drawers yesterday, and found over 40 different fabrics that I have enough of to make 2 of these blocks.   My goal is to use 72 different fabrics, other than the background.  I don't have enough different neutrals to use a different one in each block and not sure I want to go buy fabric for this.  But I may change my mind as the year progresses.

Stash Busters 2019 Challenge
And now, it's time to get back to work on my Stars for a New Day.  I have 4 patches to make and sew together for a border, and some Sawtooth Star blocks to make.

Until next time... Happy Crafting!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment