Pages

Thursday, June 1, 2023

I finished folding fabric...

 that was in the two bookcases!!!  I still have some room, although I'm sure I need more for what fabric is left to find.  I also have some fabric stacked on a chair that needs to be folded and put onto my shelves. 


I also moved my thread boxes onto a different shelving unit.  When I unpacked them, I put them in a third bookcase, but that was just to get them somewhere.  I need to get my threads reorganized, and I need to decide if they will stay in the boxes they are in, or if I want to find something that fits the shelves better. This is where they are going to live now, but I will probably move things around when I'm ready to organize my threads.

 

After I finish unpacking the rest of my boxes, I will know what I have, and what needs to fit somewhere, and will figure out if what I have works well enough or if I need something different.

With all the thread moved out of my bookcase, I have plenty of room for more fabric, and I think some of my project boxes can fit on the bottom shelves.

I'm happy with the progress I'm making to get things more organized in my Studio. 

The total of fabric I have counted so far is 700 yards!!!  And I'm not done yet.  I am going to need to get busy sewing and use up that fabric.  I should be able to spend some time sewing soon, at least for a few hours a day.  I have lots of scrap quilt patterns I want to start working on, so hopefully I can get some of that fabric off the shelves, and into quilts.  There is at least 12 One Block Wonder or 4 Patch Posy fabrics waiting to be made into quilts, and those take around 4 yards each, depending on the repeat of the fabric and not counting any borders or backing.  So I see some of those in my future.

Until next time... Happy Crafting!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment