Pages

Tuesday, May 30, 2023

Bookcase 1 is full

 I have folded enough fabric to fill up the first bookcase.  I think it looks pretty good, with all the fabric folded this way.  Once I find all my fabric, and get it folded, I will work on sorting it all by color families.  But just getting it folded and having more room on the shelves is an accomplishment.



Here is a picture of all my solids.  I may find more in my other boxes, but I think this is most of them. At least there is some room to add more, if I should come across any more in my boxes.

I have most of the fabric folded on the top shelf of bookcase 2, but didn't get a picture of that.  I should be able to finish up the last of bookcase 2 and get some of what is piled on a chair, folded in the next couple of days.  I wanted to get it done before I unpacked more boxes because I know I will find more fabric, and I wanted to have a place to put it before I take it out of the boxes.

I also plan to clear off a couple of shelves in the bookcase next to 2, so I have at least 2 more shelves for any fabric I find.  My threads are in boxes on those shelves, and I think I have a better place to put my threads, so I will be working on that after I'm done with bookcase 2.

So far, I have folded 597 yards of fabric.  I don't even want to guess at how much I have in half yard and fat quarter pieces.  But I probably will have well over 1000 yards of fabric, including scraps, by the time I'm finished organizing and counting it all.  Good thing I have lots of ideas for quilt tops I want to make, and once I'm done organizing, I can get busy cutting and sewing them all.

Well, it's time to get back to work... I have more fabric to fold.

Until next time... Happy Crafting!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment