Pages

Thursday, May 25, 2023

Oganizing My Stuff

Last week, I finally got the hubster to move some things out of shed 1, so I could put up more shelves to store and organize my crafting supplies.

I have 4 shelving units on that side of the shed, and room for one more on the other side.  I have 6 units that can go in Shed 2, once I get more boxes unpacked and out of the way over there.  Now I need to figure out where I'm going to put everything so I can find it when I need it and keep it organized.
I also added a couple more shelves to a rack similar to these in my studio.  I didn't get a picture of it, but it is deeper and wider, and I plan on storing my threads there, so I can get to them when I need them.
 

I have decided that I need to get my fabric better organized.  I don't have enough room on my bookcases to get any more in there, and I have a stack of fabric sitting on a chair needing to find a home.  Also as I was going through the remaining 15 to 20 boxes that need unpacking from the move, I found 1 box full of fabric.  I haven't been able to get to the other boxes yet, so there may still be more fabric that needs a home.
Yesterday I spent my day refolding some of my fabric.  I got one shelf done, and there is room to add more fabric to it, when I get more folded.

I took this picture before I was finished, but it will give you an idea of the before and after of how I'm folding my fabric. 

I started on the top shelf. Right now, I'm not worried about sorting by color, I don't have enough room to keep piles on my table, or an empty shelf to put them until I get more of the same color families.  As I work through each shelf, I will be putting color families together.  I want to keep all my solids, or reads as solids together, so they won't get lost in the sea of prints. 
While I have the fabric out, to refold, I'm measuring each piece, and getting a picture of it.  There were a number of people in a group I belong to that measured their fabric to see how much they actually had.  I thought it would be fun to find out just how much fabric I have, so I decided I would keep track of what I have.  The picture is so I can add it to my Electric Quilt program, so when I'm designing a quilt I can use my own fabrics, and not just images of fabric I don't have.

That's it for today, will try to keep updating my refolding progress as it happens.

Until next time...Happy Crafting!!

No comments:

Post a Comment