Pages

Tuesday, August 2, 2022

The shed is built!

So, it has taken longer than expected, mostly because of the weather. We had lots of rain the past few weeks, and couldn't work on the shed.  But the shed is finally up, and in a few more days, we will be able to start moving things into it, as I start setting up my Studio.  Here are some in progress pictures of the build.

This one the walls are up and the doors have been installed.


We are almost done putting the roof on.  A few more panels, then the top peak, which has spaces for some panels to let the light in. 

 

Here is a look into the shed, after all the roof has been installed.


And here is a look at the shed next to the Studio.


 
 
The shed is 8' by 15' and we will be putting some shelving units in there to better organize what I will be storing in there. I plan to store things I don't want to get rid of, but don't use regularly, so they aren't in my way in the Studio.  But before we start moving things in there, we want to make sure that it is waterproof like it was advertised.  It should rain again in a few days, so we will be able to check that out soon.  We plan to put some caulking around the seams just to be safe, but just want to make sure there aren't any major leaks because of the way it is put together.

I have found a new sewing cabinet I want, and will get that ordered after I get some things in the Studio in place.  It will have to be assembled, so I want to make sure we have enough room to work on that before it's delivered.  

I should be able to start unpacking and putting things where I want them soon.  I can't wait until I can get back to sewing and quilting again.

Until next time...Happy Crafting!!

No comments:

Post a Comment