Pages

Wednesday, August 10, 2022

Cleaned up and ready for new cabinet

 I ordered a new sewing cabinet last week. It is the Outback from Kangaroo Cabinets, a division of Arrow Sewing.  It is the only one I found, in my price range, that had an opening that was large enough for my Solaris. Here is a picture of it I got off their website.  Mine probably will never look this "clean" after I start using it. But there will be plenty of space for me to work on my projects.  I'm told delivery will be 2 to 4 weeks, and it has already been one week, so hopefully it will be here soon.

  I also bought a new sewing chair, from  Horn. It is a 6 way adjustable deluxe chair, and should work nicely with my cabinet.  I got the blue, and it has already arrived.

 

What really surprised me is that the company said my zip code was in an area that they do their White Glove delivery service.  They will deliver the cabinet, put it together and remove any trash from the packing materials.  So we opted to spend a bit more for that, rather than have to assemble the cabinet ourselves.  I'm sure we could have put it together, but it would have taken us hours.  It may take them hours, but they should be familiar with how to put them together and should be able to do it faster than we could.


In order to get ready for delivery, I got into the Studio and started cleaning and putting furniture where I think it may live.  The bookcases in the back will hold my fabric, and  books, and near the front, on the right, is where the sink and refrigerator will be placed. (Where the vacuum is now)  The front table on the left is my old table, and that may or may not stay.  I wouldn't mind having some extra horizontal space to work with, but I still need to move in my old sewing cabinet, that will have one of my older machines set up in it, and a 6 drawer cabinet that I use for storage of rulers and other small notions.


The back wall, where the black rack and my quilting frame is, will become my design wall, so those aren't staying there, but they are out of the way for when my new cabinet arrives, to give them plenty of room to put it together.  The open wall on the right is where the new cabinet is going to sit.  If I still have enough space, my old sewing cabinet will go next to it, otherwise, I may have to set that up along the left wall.

I don't want to start unpacking until my cabinet arrives, just in case I change my mind about where everything is going to go.  It will be eaiser to rearrange things if they aren't filled up, or boxes are in the way to where I want to put them.  And it's possible, I may change my mind about shelves, and get rid of the bookcases, and find something else that will work better.  But for now, I will use what I have, and see how it goes before I decide to get something else.

The space has come a long way since we first moved into the house.  In case you don't remember what it looked like, here is the picture of the space right after we purchased this property.


I should be able to start sewing again soon. I know I won't get everything unpacked before I do some sewing, but I need to wait until I find all my notions and tools that I use all the time.   Hopefully they won't be in the "last" box I unpack and can start sewing as a "reward" for getting boxes unpacked and organized.

Until next time...happy crafting!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment