Pages

Tuesday, July 5, 2022

Getting closer and closer...

Work on the Studio is coming along.  The painting has started, and we need to run into town to pick up more.  We thought 2 gallons would be enough, but the drywall just sucks it up, and this was supposed to be a primer/paint all in one.  At least we were heading to town tomorrow anyway, so it isn't an extra trip we have to make.



After the painting is done, the flooring will get installed.  Then a few more odds and ends projects, and I should be able to start moving in and unpacking soon.


We unloaded my new cutting table from my car, where it was staying until we had room for it.  And it looks good in my Studio. It is about the same size as my old cutting table, but stands higher, so I shouldn't have to lean over when I'm cutting fabric as much.  I still have my old table, and will probably find a good use for it.  Like a lot of quilters,  I have a habit of stacking stuff on my cutting table, and not cleaning it off until it gets so full I have no room to cut. So the old table may be a good place to stack things, and keep my new table clean and give me lots of room for cutting.  The drawers go all the way through to the other side, and will be a perfect place to store rulers and rotary cutters.  I don't know if I will keep it pushed up next to a wall like this.  But it's on wheels so if I need to get around to the other size, it will be easy enough to move it away from the wall when necessary.  I think this table will work out great for basting my quilts, and I may figure out a way to put both tables together, if I need more room.  I'm sure there is some way to raise the old table, even if only temporarily when I need a larger work surface.


I think the old table will be a good work surface, for times when I need something to work on.  I have some Tsukineko inks that I want to experiment with, and that old table will be perfect for that.  And I won't have to worry about making a mess or staining my cutting table. I may even start using my rubber stamps and all those supplies again. 

I'm getting excited with all the progress that is being made, and looking forward to getting all my things unpacked and organized.  


Until next time... Happy Crafting!!!



3 comments:

  1. That's going to be a beautiful studio for you! Congrats.I had a pretty green in my last sewing room that was like what you're painting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a nice big space! I'd be anxious to use it too. It's nice having things on wheels. Can casters be added to your previous cutting table to lift it ? If not maybe you can find some of the size bed risers you need. Looking forward to seeing the progress.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ice! What kind of flooring will you use?

    ReplyDelete