Pages

Sunday, January 13, 2013

A little time to play

Today, I was able to play around with some of the things I have seen in the Creative Jump Start 2013 videos.  The very first video used double sided tape and embossing powder.  It was a lot of fun, and I didn't actually make a project, but I made some tape and put it in my art journal, to keep a record of what I liked and didn't like.
I used the TTT tape, which has a plastic type of lining, instead of paper.  So I had to cut it to remove parts from my tape after putting it on my craft mat.  I didn't really care for the abrupt change from one color to the next.
On the second one, I started to 'mix' my embossing powder, and liked that look a lot better.  I also put some glitter down on the tape first then covered it in EP.  Not sure how I feel about that, the glitter does show a bit but not a lot.  The third one, I removed the entire coating and just sprinkled a bit of EP over it, using 3 different colors... I like that one the most.  I can see me doing a lot more of this technique when I want a cool embellishment using tape.  Here is a picture of the 3 "tapes" I made.  Even though I didn't use my tape for a project, I got to play a bit, and found what I liked and what I didn't like.  I think the next time I try this, I will use some of my ScorTape, with a paper lining, and see if I like the looks of a "torn" edge better, and a thinner tape.  I think you can get some interesting looks with this technique, playing around with colors.


I'm still learning how to use things here in Blogland... so I hope you can see this picture well enough to see what I did.  I need to figure out how to make the image larger when you click on it, so you can get a good look at it.

I think the next time I get a chance to play, I'm going to try cutting out some shapes using my Silver Bullet Electronic Cutter, and the sheets of double sided adhesive, and see what I can come up with.  I think a heart shape, with different colors of red EP would look really nice. The possibilities are endless!!!  I hope I gave you a few ideas to try on your own, when you start playing around with your tape and embossing powders.

4 comments:

  1. I really like your tape, especially the bottom two. In fact, I like it better than what I was seeing on the Creative Jump Start video.

    I can click on your image and it will open larger. I could see it well.
    Elsa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the kind comment and the feedback. So glad you are here.
      Diane

      Delete
  2. I really like the bottom tape as well. Now I want to go play some more! Glad you had some time to play and blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Diane -
    Finally got a chance to stop by and see what you have been up to! I love the look of your blog and what you are sharing. The tapes look fabulous. I too love the bottom one. I am gong to have to make time to watch those videos!

    I love that you are sharing your experiments so we all can learn. Way to go!

    ReplyDelete