Pages

Saturday, April 13, 2013

April Card Club Card

I haven't had much time to play lately, but I needed to get some cards made for my card club this past Friday.  I waited until the last minute, because I had Thursday off, so figured I would be able to get them done in no time.  Well, silly me, it always takes me longer than I think it will, because I have such a hard time deciding on what to do, let alone what colors or papers I want to use.  I searched on SplitCoastStampers for cards with StampinUp stamps and papers, and found some really nice cards using Secret Garden stamps and framelits. Since I had just purchased those at our last meeting, I figured I should pull them out and see what I could come up with.
I stamped the flower with versamark and used white embossing powder on Bashful Blue paper. Then cut the flower out using the framelit and my Fiskars Fuse. Then I glued some blue micro beads in the center.  The leaves were cut out of Lucky Limeade.  The base of the card is River Rock, and the two mats were cut from So Saffron and Wistera Wonder.  I used my Silver Bullet to cut the mats, using a border design from Monicas Creative Room. It started out as a corner, and I just copied and pasted it to create a frame, then sized it to the size I wanted, made a shadow using MTC. 
If you haven't looked around Monicas Creative Room, you should go see all the beautiful files she shares.  They are amazing, and they cut beautifully on my Silver Bullet.

Here is the final product.  It measures 4 1/2" by 4 1/2"

I am hoping to have more time to play in the near future, things at work should be slowing down so I won't be working so much overtime.  I plan on spending a lot more quality time with my Silver Bullet when that happens.  So many things I want to try, and just don't have the time right now to spend as much time as I would like with it.  Sherri at ThatsScrapInc has come out with some new tools for the Silver Bullet and Cougar die cutting machines that I would love to experiment with.  If you haven't seen them yet, check out Penny Duncans and Lisa Howell's Blogs, they both created some files to use with the new tools and show you what can be done with them.  Be sure to check them out.
Well that's about it for now.. thanks for stopping by  

Enjoy the Journey!!!  

1 comment: